road not taken





Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.




it's funny how i'm getting more homesick during the end of my time in swiss. it's like that in china too. i'm doing up a list of what to do when i'm back in singapore. i can't wait to feel that distant yet familiar feeling of a place especially since i haven't been in singapore for a year. i want to go back but at the same time i would miss switzerland very much.

recently i'm faced with so much options and choices. i want to do so many things but i have only so little time. some things are important to me and i know that i would be able to do it later in life yet i'm afraid that i would not do it in the future. part of me would like to stay in singapore and build up my career, and at the same time, i would like to go to japan as well as the states or to go to germany to brush up on deutsch. i'm open to so many choices that i dont know where to start from. 全部がやりたい! now i'll probably stop thinking about it and take one step at a time. it is much better for my brain...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taichung; Miyahara 宮原眼科

Taichung; Fantasy Story

Taichung; Yi Zhong Jie Night Market