TAIWAN ITINERARY 8 - 13 JAN 2015
A round up on all the places I have visited in Taiwan in Jan (Tai Chung, Sun Moon Lake and Taipei). Hope it helps someone in planning their trip to Taiwan.
Experiencing the night markets of Taiwan are a must! There are endless options on the food and each place has a famous local specialty.
Tai Chung is a place where one reflects on the creative minds and souls. Lots of beautiful installations and cafes.
Sun Moon Lake is a peaceful and scenic place to be.
Taipei is all the hustle bustle at Ximending and Jiu Feng Old Street is just magical.
Day 1: Tai Chung
- Arrival: Taichung First Look. Walkabout
- Calligraphy Greenway
- Fantasy Story: A story book setting. lots of quaint shops and cafes & 綠光計畫 a small alley filled with small shops and creative minds.
- Yi Zhong Jie Night Market: Cheap street food and toilet themed cafe.
Day 2: Tai Chung
- Miyahara 宮原眼科 Store: A old hospital converted into an confectionery and dessert heaven. The interior is out of the world and their tea ice cream is the best!
- Park Lane Mall by CMP: Milkhouse bread store is good for your eyes and tummy. And lots of craft items and creative goods.
- CMP Block Museum: Artsy Fartsy place.
- Feng Jia Night Market: 2nd night market. The market is really huge and we walked till our legs couldn't carry us anymore.
Day 3: Sun Moon Lake
- Wenwu Temple: Gold wishes hung on every corner of the temple.
- Ita Thao: Where we stayed and there is a mini night market.
Day 4: Sun Moon Lake
Day 5: Taipei
- Xi Men Ding: 1st Look
- Elephant Hill: A short hike with a good vantage point of Taipei skyscraper view.
- Jiu Fen Old Street: Enchanting place that inspired Spirited Away anime. Rested at a charming Tea House
- Raohe Night Market and Xi Men Ding